There’s nothing like the encouragement of a supportive team to spur you on toward your goals. No matter your age, skill or fitness level, we’ve got group classes filled eager participants and experienced instructors, ready to take you to the next level.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
All group exercise classes (unless otherwise noted) are co-ed and designed for a variety of fitness levels. Class participation is an optional benefit included in your membership (unless additional fees are noted).
Schedules are reviewed monthly and MAY change according to demand. Therefore, we do not publish the class schedule in the program guide. Please view our schedules at our website at www.sf-ymca.net. The management reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment.
Group Exercise Rules:
Proper footwear is required for class.
- If you are new to class or have any special needs, please inform your instructor, they will be happy assist you.
- All classes at the YMCA are multi-level (instructor will offer modifications for all fitness levels).
- Please work at your own pace AND listen to your body.
- Always bring a water bottle and a towel to class.
- Class participants must be 14 years of age or older to attend class without a parent. Please see schedule and class descriptions for specific age-based programming.
- PLEASE wait until the previous class ends before entering the room.
- No talking on cell phones during class.
- It is best to introduce yourself to the instructor before class starts if you are new so that the instructor can be better prepared to show modifications for class, if necessary.
- All group fittness classes are subject to change/cancelation.