Devotional from Pastor Ron to His YMCA Family
Using Yoga to Manage Anxiety with Rachel
Local Pastor Message: Don't Let Social Distancing Become Social Isolation
Sing-Along to Help Children Cope with Change in Routine
A Message from the Gwinns & Fellowship of Christian Athletes: How We're Coping with Social Distancing
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. We believe your mental health as just as much a critical part of your overall wellness as anything physical.
Message of the Day: Gifts of Love
Check out today's "Message of the Day" from Pastor Scott Keeble of Copper Creek Church.
WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR SELF CARE DURING THIS TIME OF SOCIAL DISTANCING?
- Workout of the day
- Online options – YMCA, YouTube, etc. Check out our "VIRTUAL WELLNESS" page
Keep a regular schedule, get dressed, shower, etc.
- Structure is important for mental health
- Go to bed and wake up at usual times
Eat healthy and regularly
- Check out our "NUTRITION TIPS & RECIPES" page.
Stay in touch with people
- We are still social beings who need support
- Electronically, of course – text, email, call, video chat
- Have the youth in the house show/tell older family/friends
Control what you can
- Decrease social media/news alerts
- Decide to access a reputable source at set time(s)
- follow CDC guidelines
Read a book