STEPHENS FAMILY YMCA
For a better us.®
Annual Campaign Fund
The STEPHENS FAMILY YMCA exists to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Together we can build a Y for all in our community.
At the Y, we work hard to strengthen our community and help all of us be our best selves. We provide a place to play, to learn, to be healthy, to eat well and to give back. We give parents childcare, young adults job training, seniors a way to connect and children a safe place to go. We believe that everyone—no matter who they are or where they’re from—deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential. Everything the Y does is in service of making sure people and communities thrive.
In order for us to build this strong community, we must work together to lift each other up. Your donations make it possible.
During the 2019 calendar year, the STEPHENS FAMILY YMCA awarded $267,198.40 in scholarships for families needing financial assistance. This included $216,144.00 in membership scholarships for 1,304 individuals, and $51,054.40 in program scholarships for 121 individuals. However, only $116,660.69 was donated during the 2019-2020 Annual Campaign.
In 2020, COVID-19 severely altered our capacity to serve families through our traditional programs and services, but when we saw new needs arise in our community, we responded and started Y Academy in partnership with the generosity of Y members.
Now, as the community opens up and we are seeing a significant increase in Y participation, we are eager to provide as many scholarships as possible so that many more in our community can pursue a healthier mind, body and spirit.
“When the year ended, my family was in financial and mental turmoil. I became a divorcee with three children as well as lost my job that same month. It has been a struggle to keep my children positive. The one thing stable in their lives is being able to go to the YMCA. Being a single mom, the YMCA is a safe haven for my children. Allowing low income families to become members is such a Blessing! I will be forever grateful!”
Membership dues at the Y sustain our overhead costs, but your giving makes the difference in helping us do something special in our community.
"We want to set a good example for our children by living a healthy lifestyle and this scholarship helped us achieve that. Our membership allowed me to train for my first 5k!”
Banner Level Donors
For donors who give over $1,000 annually, we express our gratitude with a banner program. Together, we will design a banner, which is paid for by the Y. Then we will hang the banner for one year until the anniversary date of your donation. If donors wish to renew their annual gift of $1,000 or more, we will continue to hang the banner for each additional year.
- $1,000 annual gift - small banner
- $2,500 annual gift - small banner with red border
- $5,000+ annual gift - large banner
Our Banner policy allows the donor to customize the following for your banner:
- Y-USA approved message based on three principles of Social Responsibility, Healthy Living or Youth Development (e.g. Helping Kids Grow Strong)
- Name of donor, memorial or honorarium
- For donors who wish to remain anonymous, the donor may elect to place a personal quote or Bible verse, in keeping consistent with the YMCA mission “…to put Christian principles into practice”)
- For donors who represent a business or organization, the donor may elect to place a logo in lieu of, or in addition to, a name
- Approved Y-USA stock photo or custom photo (for memorial or honorarium)
When You Give to the Y
You can count on…
Driven by our founding mission, the Y has served as a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community for more than 175 years. The Y empowers everyone, no matter who they are or where they’re from, by ensuring access to resources, relationships and opportunities for all to learn, grow and thrive. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, the Y’s goal is to improve overall health and well-being, ignite youth empowerment and demonstrate the importance of connections in and across 10,000 communities nationwide.
“Thanks to our scholarship for Y summer camp, my son had the best summer of his life! Campers earn bracelets by representing one of the YMCA core values: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. My son earned every one and wore them every day! It's not always easy for him to get, and stay, involved. The counselors went out of their way to make him feel special, help build his confidence and tell me how great a kid he is. I am very grateful for the Y!”
Scholarship Award Criteria
• Scholarship information and recipients are kept confidential, to ensure no distinction between members.
• Scholarships can be used for Membership or Programs.
• Membership Scholarships last for 12 months.
• The Scholarship Program aligns with up to date Federal Poverty guidelines.
• Our goal is to insure, to the best of our ability, that we are responsible and fair in distributing Annual Fund contributions, while providing assistance to those that express a financial need and a desire to make a difference in their life by joining our Y community.